What you will do:
- Scrum master is responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and meetings.
- Possesses conflict resolution, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
- Should be a friendly communicative person, because when team is moving fast in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together.
- Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Needs to be expert in estimation and planning. S/he knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices. S/he can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Ability to shield their team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ability to track and remove impediments.
- Scrum master is a servant first, who serves his team members before themselves.
Duties of Scrum Master:
- Facilitate his team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team.
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Responsible to remove the impediments for the scrum team.
- Arranged daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Helps Product Owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Responsible to conduct retrospective meetings.
- Organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting.
What experience and skills you should have?
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that S/he can explain other methodologies to motivate his team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs.
- S/he should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
Why we love working here…
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Professional development coaching program to further develop your talents
- Annual Employee Appreciation Day
- Yoga/massage days in the office
- Awesome summer and holiday parties
- Ideal space and location in Silicon Mountain
- Collaboration and exchange with the European locations
To learn more about working at msgNETCONOMY go to our main career page.
TO APPLY FOR A JOB
Please send us your CV or contact us with any questions:
Christina Costabile, (310) 309 1763
This position is not open to external recruiters unless you have been contacted directly by Human Resources for msgNETCONOMY, Inc. Any resume and/or candidate submitted by an external recruiter will be treated as unsolicited. Resumes and/or candidates presented to the company in this manner will not be considered eligible for any recruiting fee or commission and will be considered as if the candidate individually contacted the company.